CSCS Card Wizard
Tensor has an IT partner status with the CSCS. We have developed our .NET suite of products to allow a seamless integration between the CSCS smartcard and our Access Control, Time Management, Visitor/Contractor Management and Fire/Evacuation roll-call systems, including Turnstiles and Biometric verification devices (facial recognition, hand scanning & fingerprint recognition).
The integration allows a “one card fits all” philosophy where Contractors who attend CSCS sites use their existing CSCS smartcard to not only identify them as a CSCS certified tradesman, but also to clock in/out of site for presence monitoring, grant access to the site and log them on and off the evacuation roll-call which is automatically printed when an alarm is triggered.
Construction workers and other people who hold a CSCS card can use their existing card to clock onto a Tensor Time & Attendance system and/or gain access to a construction site or similar, or use the CSCS card to gain access through turnstiles or car park barriers.
Within Tensor.NET there is a CSCS card wizard. This allows system users to quickly grant contractors access to their clocks and access control system. The wizard will handle three different scenarios when granting access rights to contractors. These are:
- Contractors who are not known to the system at all
- Contractors who have had their name details imported but their CSCS card has not been recorded
- Contractors who are known to the system and have used their card at other sites but are new to this site.
For each different scenario the wizard will guide the user through the enrolment procedure. In general terms though, the end result of using the wizard is that:
- The Contractors CSCS card is read using a USB card reader attached to a Tensor.NET Client PC
- Details are extracted from the card to update the contractors “employee” details within the system
- System objects such as a company, site, shift group and department, are assigned to the cardholder, either through selection or by default
Templates for badges can be previewed by the user to see how their badge will appear, populating it with their personal details. Previewed badges can then be printed to any windows supported card printer.
- Design any number of badge templates.
- Templates can be single or double sided
- Templates can be in landscape or portrait format
- Templates can include text, images and barcodes
- Individual badges are preview prior to printing