The Access Control / Security Installations Engineer position within Tensor involves an initial training period where you will be need to become familiar with the Tensor range of “Smart Card” and biometric Time & Attendance and Access Control products. You will be trained to install these to the NSI NACOSS Gold and ISO 9001:2008 standards. You will be installing and maintaining systems at various locations across northern UK and use our office in St Helens, Merseyside as a resupply base.
After initial training you will form part of an installation team where you will you will be expected to carry out
- 1st and 2nd fix installations to a high standard, including commissioning and hand over.
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites.
- have a solid previous experience in installations of security systems or similar products.
- have a good understanding of current wiring regulations
- be knowledgeable with current PC technology and feel comfortable in using these within a “Windows” environment
- have good personal skills in dealing with people in a customer facing role
- hold a current driving license
- be hard working & self-motivated, willing to travel within the UK and be available to work on a call-out basis when required
- have a clear current criminal record
- have the ability to work to deadlines
We are particularly interested in applicants with the following skills/experience:
- Carpentry skills
- Previous experience in installing to NSI NACOSS gold level (access control/CCTV)
- Qualifications from electrical/electronic industries
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependant upon experience) with 20 days annual leave + Bank/Public Holidays + Company pension scheme available. Additional annual leave achievable from company sickness scheme. Additional benefits include overtime payments (when available) and on-call payments, mobile phone, use of car, laptop & tools. EMI share option scheme is available after 2 years of employment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hard working individual who is willing to learn and wants to provide “World Class” support for our customers. Tensor is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.