You will be responsible for managing and running the Accounts Clerical department which provides basic office support for the day-to-day running of the company. This is a fast moving, busy department which is both customer facing and a support mechanism for other departments in Tensor. The work will include,
- Hands-on role managing the Accounts Clerical department as a worker/manager.
- Prioritising and managing workloads, annual leave and cover, following our existing procedures.
- Processing new employees and ensuring the Personnel system is accurate and up-to-date. Posting of job advertisements & conducting CV searches.
- Clerical typing (including audio) of Word documents into our computerised Admin system and Photocopying.
- Office supplies procurement and stock checks.
- Planning and organising Company events.
- Primary contact for the Chairman and the Chief Executive.
- Data entry, entering data into our computerised management systems.
- Setting-up and clearing meeting rooms.
- Answer incoming calls and customer queries.
- Dealing with the clerical management of our motor vehicles and dealing with our suppliers.
- Generic accounts work.
The Accounts Clerical Supervisor will report to the Financial Controller and will be expected to assist with all clerical duties, such as dictations, quotations, processing customer consumable orders, booking hotels and flights etc. If you are unfamiliar with basic accounting functions such as Purchase Ledger entry, then we will train you so that you are able to undertake this work and delegate the work to other within your department.
We are seeking an experienced Office Supervisor or Senior Administrator/Clerk with management skills who is looking to progress their career and who wish to join an expanding and innovative organisation. We need a sharp, self-motivated, dedicated person who wants to learn and develop their role. This is more important than academic qualifications. Key attributes for this role are,
- Keen, hardworking, proactive, hands-on worker/manager who leads by example with good time-efficient people management skills and able to enthuse others.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, good PC and IT skills with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Professional telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, numeracy and attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a similar role with proven administrative experience.
- Willing to learn about our products and develop your knowledge.
- Flexible, able to multitask and work as part of a team.
Starting salary £19,000 p.a. depending upon previous experience and ability. A private pension scheme is also available.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who wants to make a difference to a growing modern company and become part of our successful management team. The standard hours of work are 08:30 to 17:30, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.