The Tensor Helpdesk, based at our offices in Hail Weston in Cambridgeshire, are responsible for providing customers with advice, guidance and technical support on our Time & Attendance and Access Control products.
The Helpdesk Technician / Analyst position with Tensor involves an initial introductory period of 6 weeks, during this time you will be expected through a combination of training sessions, self-learning and shadowing other members of the team to become well versed with the hardware and software products that Tensor offer in both Time & Attendance and Access Control. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who is willing to learn and wants to provide “World Class” support for our customers.
The daily tasks of a Helpdesk Technician / Analyst are wide and varied but core responsibilities are:
- Providing world-class technical support to customers via e-mail, phone & the online customer portal.
- Providing first and second line user guidance & technical support to customers using our hardware and software.
- Logging customer queries and problems in the Helpdesk Management system.
- Liaising with other internal departments regarding identifying resolutions to outstanding problems and queries.
- Ensuring customers are kept up to date with the progress of outstanding items.
The ideal candidate for the role will have :
- Previous experience in a technical support or Helpdesk role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and customer focused approach.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and forward thinking.
- A good technical understanding of PCs, Windows and Networking.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail and methodical in their approach.
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure, ensuring the level of support we offer remains excellent at all times.
- Salary £18,000 to £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience).
- 4 Weeks annual leave + Bank/Public holidays.
- Onsite parking.