The Installations Engineer position within Tensor’s HeatingSave division involves specification and installation of our Building Management System (HeatingSave) typically within boiler rooms of small and medium sized installations. You will need to be part P qualified or similar experience and happy to work with existing and new heating control panels. See www.heatingsave.co.uk for more information. HeatingSave replaces an existing BMS or time-clock controls to better manage the heating/cooling and cut fuel usage and hence carbon emissions.
Ideally the candidate will already be familiar with commercial/domestic heating systems to some degree or have worked with control panels. There will be an initial training period where they will be need to become familiar with the HeatingSave BMS system and how it controls boilers, pumps and valves within a heating system. During the training period, the engineer will also learn how to install the HeatingSave software upon a variety of "Windows" based PCs and network systems.
After the initial training, the candidate will form part of an installation team where they will install and service equipment in the field. This will involve:-
- Installing HeatingSave in a variety of small and medium sized boiler rooms and other BMS type of activities. This includes the installation of the physical HeatingSave Control units/ monitoring systems, together with cabling work and ducting. Installation will invole both retrofit and new HeatingSave systems
- Installation 3G/WiFi/Lan where necessary.
- Commission of systems and hand them over to the customer.
- Undertaking initial site surveys Surveys of boiler rooms and existing control panels to specify the electrical installation of HeatingSave.
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites, diagnosing faults and make repairs on site.
The role is field based & therefore, the candidate is expected to be available to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays. The candidate will be based at our Hail Weston Springs office.
The successful candidate will:
- be an electrician with knowledge of heating system controls and/or control panels with a solid previous experience in installations.
- have a good understanding of current wiring regulations
- be knowledgeable with current PC technology and feel comfortable in using these within a “Windows” environment
- ideally have some previous BMS experience, but not essential
- have good personal skills in dealing with people in a customer facing role
- hold a current driving license
- be hard working & self-motivated, willing to travel within the UK and be available to work on a call-out basis when required (although this is limited and reasonable)
- have the ability to work to deadlines
We are particularly interested in applicants with the following skills/experience:
- control panels and heating systems
Salary £25,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) with 20 days’ annual leave + Bank/Public Holidays + Company pension scheme available. Additional annual leave achievable from company sickness scheme. Additional benefits include mobile phone, use of car, laptop & tools. EMI share option scheme is available after 2 years of employment.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who wants to be at the forefront of the green technology revolution and on the crest of the wave of the Climate Emergency measures to cut peoples energy consumption and energy costs.
This is also a fantastic opportunity to build the HeatingSave Operations Department as sales grow and manage the entire HeatingSave installations and maintenance activity over time.