The Electronics Production Operative position with Tensor involves the preparation
of cables, soldering of components, both SMT and through mount, assembly of
multiple PCB’s into final product and running of computer driven tests. The role will
require you to be manually dexterous and be comfortable with using computers and
IT systems. Full training will be given on Tensor systems and assembly of
products, though the ability to follow drawings and schematics would be
advantageous. Should the successful candidate show an aptitude, training in
diagnostic techniques, use of measurement equipment, and basic electronic
theories may be given.
The candidate will be numerate, literate, manually dexterous, methodical and with an eye for detail.
The candidate will be expected to be able to:
- Prepare multi core cables ready for assembly, including stripping and tinning to a high standard.
- Have an understanding of RoHS and COSHH legislation.
- Solder through mount and SMT components to PCB’s.
- Prepare and form components ready for assembly.
- Understand ESD handling of electronic components and assemblies.
- Be able to use a desktop PC and be IT literate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on exciting and ground breaking products within a medium sized company that design and manufacture innovative world-class products. Tensor is at the forefront of the Access Control, Time Management & Energy Management industries, is constantly innovating with several major product developments either in progress or planned as part of our development schedule.
Salary is circa £19,000 per annum based on age and experience. A work place pension is available.