This position is an excellent opportunity for a keen, hardworking and enthusiastic engineer/technician who wants to make a real difference within an expanding Production department. Applications are invited from engineers qualified in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or those who have the equivalent work experience and knowledge of testing digital and analogue circuits.
- Salary: Up to £23,000
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Bank/public holidays
- EMI share options scheme
The successful candidate will be a dedicated engineer who will take responsibility for testing and fault finding complete systems or batches of electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies manufactured by our sub-contractors and conducting product builds.
Parts of the work will involve testing microprocessor-based 'smart card' and biometric-based time, attendance and access control products, and energy management systems.
- Have completed a Level 3 Tech certificate
- Be capable of undertaking diagnostics and able to read medium complexities of circuit schematic diagrams
- Be competent in soldering through mount components and be able to solder most SMT components with rework/repair of multilayer PCBs down to 0402 component sizes (including experience with RoHS compliant materials and components)
- Have a methodical approach to testing and configuration of customer equipment
- Have knowledge of microprocessor-based systems
Please ensure your full address is included in your CV. Applicants outside of the UK will not be accepted.