Position: Graduate Trainee Accounts Clerk
Full-time, St Neots
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail weston house, St Neots, PE19 5JY
- Base Salary
- £22,000.00 - £23,000.00
- Job Description
We are recruiting a graduate to be trained within our Accounts Department. The selected candidate will be working within a small, dynamic team at our Hail Weston headquarters, near St Neots. Here, they will learn all aspects of accounting and how this operates in practice within a modern, fast-moving company.
The work will include,
- Credit control, chasing customers for payment
- Customer account reconciliation
- Dealing with customer queries
- Receiving purchase invoices/credit notes & checking against purchase orders
- Inputting purchase ledger invoices into the in-house accounting system
- Dealing with internal & external purchase ledger invoicing queries in a timely manner
- Reconcile supplier statements - Creating, chasing in & processing customer maintenance agreements
- Submitting annual returns and dormant accounts
- Other adhoc accounts functions as necessary
Tensor plc is a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometrc Time & Attendance, Access Control and security control and Energy Management products. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
The selected candidate will
- be a sharp, self-motivated, dedicated hardworking individual who is numerically proficient and able to think on their feet.
- ideally, have a degree that in some way lends itself towards a career in accountancy
However, the actual discipline of their actual degree is less important than their desire to become a valued member of or professional accounts team.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have previous accounts experience, are at ease when dealing with people and those with a good telephone manner.
The ability to be flexible and able to multitask is of particular importance within our ever-developing company. You need to have some current ability in the following areas,
This is a brilliant opportunity for a graduate who now wishes to pursue a career, perhaps in an area other than that of their degree, and for a person who want to make a difference and develop accounting skills within our Accounts team. Hours of work are Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
The graduate trainee initial salary is between £22,000 and £23,000 per annum depending upon ability, skill and experience. Company pension scheme available. Additional annual leave achievable.