Position: HelpDesk and Systems Engineer
St Neots - Full-time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, UK
- Base Salary
- Up to £30,000.00 Per year
- Job Description
The HelpDesk/Systems candidate will be a person looking to further their career in application support and customer support in the implementation and maintenance of our HeatingSave Building Management System. You need to demonstrate skills in the following disciplines,
- IT Application Support
- IP Networking, Wireless
- Understanding technical product support
A knowledge of wireless technologies (Zigbee) and Heating Controls would be an advantage.
This is an exciting role in energy management systems and includes,
- Installing and commissioning HeatingSave software
- Pre-configuring client sites and joining wireless Zigbee devices.
- Providing 2nd line technical support in partnership with our Helpdesk
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our products, underlying architecture and hardware
- Identifying, investigating and documenting issues and communicating these with the development teams
- Implementing system upgrades for clients
- Preparing and maintaining demonstration systems for our sales teams
- Assisting and supporting other technical, development and project implementation staff
- Some travel to customer sites We will provide full product training.
What you need to be successful in this role is,
- Good verbal and written communication, organisational, and presentation skills
- Problem solving and investigation skills
- Reliability, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Establish strong relationships with customers and within the team
- Experience in application support: 1 year. A science/engineering degree would be useful.
You will be working for HeatingSave, part of Tensor plc, a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card & Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security products and Building Energy Management Systems which cut heating bills by between 25% and 50%+. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
- Salary: Up to £30,000 for particularly well qualified/able people
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- Company car, mobile phone and tools provided
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who wants to be at the forefront of the green technology revolution and on the crest of the wave of the Climate Emergency measures to cut peoples energy consumption and energy costs.
This is also a fantastic opportunity to build the HeatingSave Operations Department as sales grow and manage the HeatingSave installations and maintenance activity over time.
If you feel that you have the necessary drive and interest to undertake this role please apply in the first instance with your CV in MS Word format via the link below and then call Tensor on 01480 215530 to discuss your application.