Position: Installation Assistant - St. Neots
Full-time. St Neots
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- St Neots, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £23,000.00 - £30,000.00
- Job Description
The Installations Assistant position with Tensor is suitable for technically minded people with practical skills of installing equipment such as alarm systems, phone systems, cabling or other wall-mounted equipment.After the initial training, you will form part of an installation team installing and servicing equipment. This will involve:
- Installing our HeatingSave building management system in a variety of boiler rooms including the installation of the physical HeatingSave Control units/ monitoring systems, together with cabling work and ducting. Installation of 3G/WiFi/Lan where necessary.
- Commissioning of systems and customer handover.
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites, diagnosing faults and make repairs on site.
The role is field based & therefore your time will be spent working away from home staying in hotels although some our work will be more local. You will be expected to be available to travel within the UK although you will be based in the St Neots/Leicester/Coventry area.The Company:Tensor plc is a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometrc Time & Attendance, Access Control, security and control products. We also manufacture a range of energy management products under the HeatingSave name.We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in the field of security and energy management.The Candidate:Applications are invited from sharp hardworking individuals with a keen interest to learn and develop their skills in electronic servicing and installations work. A knowledge of computer hardware, electronics or PC’s would be an advantage. Those applying should,
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn.
- Have a full driving license.
- Be competent with basic hand and power tools
- Be able to mark out, drill & fix equipment to walls
- Be able to carry out simple mains wiring to equipment
- Have an interest in electronics and/or computers and practical installations work.
- Be eligible to get a Basic DBS Certificate Ideally, you will have GCSE’s in some science subjects or higher training/education.
- Salary between £23,000 and £30,000 per annum depending upon experience, qualifications and ability.
- Excellent progression opportunities.
- Vehicle, Phone and Tools provided.
The Opportunity:This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual. A fantastic to develop your knowledge within a team of experts
If you feel that you have the necessary drive and interest to undertake this role please apply in the first instance with your CV in MS Word format to email@example.com