The Installations Engineer position within Tensor’s HeatingSave division involves the installation and/or maintenance of our Building Management System (HeatingSave) typically within boiler rooms of small and medium sized installations. See www.heatingsave.co.uk for more information. HeatingSave replaces an existing BMS or time-clock controls to better manage the heating/cooling and cut fuel usage and hence carbon emissions.
The candidate needs to be an installations engineer who has worked on control systems, ideally with commercial/domestic heating systems and to some degree or have worked with control panels. There will be an initial training period where you will be trained to become familiar with the HeatingSave BMS system and how it controls boilers, pumps and valves within a heating system. During the training period, you will also learn how to install the HeatingSave software upon a variety of "Windows" based PCs and network systems.
After the initial training, you will form part of an installation team where they will install and service equipment in the field. This will involve:
- Installing HeatingSave in a variety of small and medium sized boiler rooms and other BMS type of activities. This includes the installation of the physical HeatingSave Control units/ monitoring systems, together with cabling work and ducting. Installation will invole both retrofit and new HeatingSave systems.
- Installation 3G/WiFi/Lan where necessary.
- Commission of systems and hand them over to the customer.
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites, diagnosing faults and make repairs on site.
The role is field based & therefore, you will be expected to be available to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays, although you will be based at our Hail Weston Springs office.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced installations engineer preferably with knowledge of heating system controls and/or control panels with a solid previous experience in installations.
- have a good understanding of current wiring regulations
- familiar with working on mains electricity powered equipment
- be knowledgeable with current PC/laptop technology and feel comfortable in using these within a “Windows” environment
- ideally have some previous BMS experience, but not essential
- have good personal skills in dealing with people in a customer facing role
- hold a current driving license
- be hard working & self-motivated, willing to travel within the UK and be available to work on a call-out basis when required (although this is limited and reasonable)
- have the ability to work to deadlines
We are particularly interested in applicants with the following skills/experience:
- control panels and heating systems
- part P qualified or similar experienceexperience of working with existing and new heating control panels
- with a degree in electronics or similar
- Salary £25,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- 20 days’ annual leave + Bank/Public Holidays
- Motor vehicle
- Company pension scheme available.
- Additional annual leave achievable from company sickness scheme.
- Additional benefits include mobile phone, laptop & tools. EMI share option scheme is available after 2 years of employment.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who wants to be at the forefront of the green technology revolution and on the crest of the wave of the Climate Emergency measures to cut peoples energy consumption and energy costs.
This is also a fantastic opportunity to build the HeatingSave Operations Department as sales grow and manage the HeatingSave installations and maintenance activity over time.
If you feel that you have the necessary drive and interest to undertake this role please apply in the first instance with your CV in MS Word format via the link below and then call Tensor on 01480 215530 to discuss your application.