Position: Installation Engineer - HeatingSave
St Neots, Full-time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, Hail Weston, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £25,000.00 - £33,000.00 Per year
- Date Posted
- 14 September 2021
- Job Description
The Installations Engineer position within Tensor’s HeatingSave division involves the installation and/or maintenance of our Building Management System (HeatingSave) typically within boiler rooms of small and medium-sized installations. See www.heatingsave.co.uk for more information. HeatingSave replaces an existing BMS or time-clock controls to better manage the heating/cooling and cut fuel usage and hence carbon emissions.
The candidate needs to be an installations engineer with experience in the installation of electrical or electronic devices or systems. Any previous experience installing control systems or experience with control panels is an advantage. There will be an initial training period where you will be trained to become familiar with the HeatingSave BMS system and how it controls boilers, pumps and valves within a heating system. During the training period, you will also learn how to install the HeatingSave software upon a variety of "Windows" based PCs and network systems.
After the initial training, you will form part of an installation team where you will install and service equipment in the field. This will involve:
- Installing HeatingSave in a variety of small and medium-sized boiler rooms and other BMS types of activities. This includes the installation of the physical HeatingSave Control units/ monitoring systems, together with cabling work and ducting. Installation will involve both retrofit and new HeatingSave systems
- Installation 3G/WiFi/Lan where necessary
- Commission of systems and hand them over to the customer
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites, diagnosing faults and make repairs on site
The role is field-based & therefore, you will be expected to be available to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays, although you will be based at our Hail Weston Springs office.
Tensor plc is a world-class medium-sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security and control products and Building Management System products. We also design and manufacture a range of eco control systems designed to optimises fuel consumption and cut greenhouse gasses. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced installations engineer
- have a good understanding of current wiring regulations
- be knowledgeable with current PC/laptop technology and feel comfortable in using these within a “Windows” environment
- ideally have some previous BMS experience, but not essential
- have good personal skills in dealing with people in a customer-facing role
- hold a current driving license
- be hard-working & self-motivated, willing to travel within the UK and be available to work on a call-out basis when required (although this is limited and reasonable)
- have the ability to work to deadlines
- Salary £25,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- 20 days’ annual leave + Bank/Public Holidays
- Motor vehicle
- Company pension scheme available
- Additional annual leave achievable from company sickness scheme
- Additional benefits include mobile phone, laptop & tools. EMI share option scheme is available after 2 years of employment
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who wants to be at the forefront of the green technology revolution and on the crest of the wave of the Climate Emergency measures to cut peoples energy consumption and energy costs. This is also a fantastic opportunity to build the HeatingSave Operations Department as sales grow and manage the HeatingSave installations and maintenance activity over time.
We fully welcome international applications for this position. Tensor is licensed to sponsor workers on the Worker (formerly Tier 2) immigration route. We hold an A-Rated license and can sponsor employees from the Skilled Worker category.