Position: IT Apprentice Technician
St Neots - Intern
- Employment Type
- Job Location
- House, Hail Weston, Saint Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £14,000.00 - £18,000.00 Per year
- Date Posted
- 26 July 2022
- Job Description
The Apprentice IT Technician position with Tensor is a two year apprenticeship covering the maintenance of our Microsoft Network of PCs and IT infrastructure, installing, configuring & maintaining Microsoft Operating systems + application software on our PCs + day-to-day operations of our server network. You will also learn and be involved in the maintenance of Tensor’s telecommunications systems & devices.
During the first year most of the time will be spent assisting the IT Manager in the maintenance of the hardware of our PCs, printers, and networks. Here, will be help and support the IT Manager. You will attend college one day a week to provide the academic background to what you will lean at Tensor.
During the second year you will be given more responsibility in managing our networks, fault-finding, installing,configuring and/or fault fixing the following is desirable:
- Windows based workstations
- Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of IP Address and DNS
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software. hardware and Printer issues
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing and upgrading antivirus software
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
- Further core duties as you develop your knowledge will include,
- Management of network Lan/WAN/VPN
- Manage wired/wireless and remote network infrastructure and internet connectivity
- Maintain Assets & PAT testing records
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support within the organisation
- Respond promptly to requests for support/service in person, via inbound communication channels
- Manage and maintain software and hardware audits and assets records.
- Maintain the call logs and IT helpdesk Ticketing system
- Assist in the monitoring of the CCTV and Access Control System
- Any other tasks and duties assigned by the management.
Tensor plc is a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security and control products. We also design and manufacture a range of eco control systems, including boiler and solar heating controllers. We have developed a number of“world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
Applications are invited from school leavers. (other applicants considered) Those applying will be sharp hardworking individuals with GCSEs in Science subjects or GVNQs in IT, PC or Electronic Servicing or similar disciplines. Applicants should
- Have GCSEs with grades A to C in science subjects
- Be self-motivated.
- Have a keen technical interest in computers and ideally have some existing experience of building your own PC’s, electronics or something similar.
Whilst Tensor considers academic qualifications important, the most important attribute required of an apprentice is their tenacity and willingness to learn our products and the skill set necessary to assemble and test products.
Starting salary is £14,000 rising to between £15,000 and £18,000 per annum. The working hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday with 28 days annual leave including Bank/Public Holidays. There is a Company pension scheme available. Additional annual leave is also achievable.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £14,000.00-£18,000.00 per year