Position: Junior IT Technician
St Neots - Full-Time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, Hail Weston, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £22,000.00 - £26,000.00
- Date Posted
- 30 June 2022
- Job Description
We are looking for a bright, sharp, enthusiastic person to assist our IT Manager in maintaining our Microsoft Network of PCs and IT infrastructure, installing, configuring & maintaining Microsoft Operating systems + application software on our PCs + day-to-day operations of our server network. The role also involves the maintenance of Tensor’s telecommunications systems & devices and liaising with various 3rd party suppliers. There is also an element of project work to further improve and build upon the existing IT infrastructure.
You will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the hardware of our PCs, printers, and networks where you will be there to help and support the IT Manager as part of the 2-person IT team.
Your objective will be to aim for 100% uptime during business hours so that our business is not compromised because of IT-related problems.
As well supporting the IT Manager, you will be given on-the-job training to further your IT knowledge. You must have a good understanding of PC Software, Hardware & Networking.
Previous experience installing, configuring and/or fault fixing the following is desirable:
- Windows based workstations
- Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of IP Address and DNS
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software, hardware and Printer issues
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing and upgrading antivirus software
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
Further core duties of this position are to assist the IT Manager with:
- Management of network Lan/WAN/VPN
- Manage wired/wireless and remote network infrastructure and internet connectivity
- Maintain Assets & PAT testing records
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support within the organisation
- Respond promptly to requests for support/service in person, via inbound communication channels
- Manage and maintain software and hardware audits and assets records
- Maintain the call logs and IT helpdesk Ticketing system
- Assist in the monitoring of the CCTV and Access Control System
- Any other tasks and duties assigned by the management
The working hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays, although as you will be responsible for a 24/7 operation, there may be occasions where you will have to work outside these hours. For example, when redeploying/installing company critical IT equipment or systems and for any urgent maintenance issues. Dial-in capabilities from a home PC is also available to deal with any urgent out-of-hours maintenance issues.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a fast moving medium sized manufacturing company The financial package is between £22,000 & £26,000 per annum depending upon ability and experience. We offer 23 days’ annual leave plus Bank/Public Holidays and 2 bonus days of annual leave. We also offer a reward scheme for length of service, whereby employees can earn up to 30 days' annual leave plus Bank/Public Holidays. A Company pension scheme is also available.
Tensor plc design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometrc Time & Attendance, Access Control, security and control products. We also manufacture a range of Building Energy Management Systems under the HeatingSave brand name. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in the field of security and energy management. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come. The business currently employs around 100 staff across 3 sites.