Applications are invited from 2nd year A level students/Undergraduates/other people experienced in manual work, especially relating to gardening and site maintenance. This role is based at our factory & offices in Hail Weston, looking after our grounds and buildings. The hours are Saturday and/or Sunday 07:30am - 4:00pm with half an hour lunch break.
Your duties and responsibilities will be varied but include the following:
- Sweeping & tidying of buildings, drives and surrounding areas
- Strimming, grass cutting and garden/grounds maintenance
- Cosmetic maintenance such as wiping down external surfaces
- Routine jobs such as emptying of bins and site maintenance
- General labouring work, window cleaning, cleaning, moving of boxes and similar work
Tensor plc is a world-class medium-sized company who design and manufacture security and energy management products. Our customers visit us regularly, so it’s important that they are impressed with the general look of these rural grounds.
This job is a physical job and candidates must:
- Be physically very fit and able to undertake this type of work and enjoy gardening
- Like working in an outside environment
- Ideally, have had previous similar hands-on maintenance experience
The key attributes to undertake this job are:
- Reliability and timekeeping
- A keen enthusiasm to do a job to a 1st class standard, in a timely, disciplined manner
- Ability to be trusted to work on their own
- Attention to detail
Candidates who have the following would have an advantage:
- Hold a valid, full UK driving licence
- Have previous experience of maintaining machinery
The salary is £7.00 - £8.00 per hour dependent upon experience, on a pro-rata basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a hard-working individual who wishes to save some cash before going to/whilst at university.
If you feel that you have the necessary determination to undertake this interesting role then please apply by e-mailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Accounts Clerical team on 01480 215530.