Position: Senior Accounts Clerk
Full-time. St Neots
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- St Neots, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £26,500.00 - £30,000.00
- Job Description
We are currently recruiting an experienced full-time Senior Accounts Clerk to work within the Accounts department at our HQ in Hail Weston, near St Neots. We are seeking an experienced Accounts Clerk who is looking to progress their career in a fast moving modern accounting function within a high-tech, expanding and innovative organisation.
You will be reporting to the Financial Controller. Your main responsibilities will include,
- Producing sales invoices from works orders and service maintenance agreements
- Bank reconciliation
- Credit control, chasing customers for payment
- Customer account reconciliation and dealing with customer queries in a timely manner
- Timesheet and expenses processing
- Purchase invoices/credit notes processing & checking against purchase orders
- Payroll preparation
- Posting to the Nominal ledger and income/expenditure forcasting
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Creating, chasing in & processing customer maintenance agreements
- Submitting annual returns and dormant accounts
- Other adhoc accounts and clerical functions as necessary
Full training will be provided on our products and fully computerised accounts management systems.
Tensor plc is a world-class medium-sized company that designs and manufactures Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security control and Energy Management products. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
You will be a bright, sharp, self-motivated, dedicated hardworking skilled person with previous experience within an accounts department. Being flexible, able to multitask and particularly IT literate with spreadsheets within our near-paperless office are important skills within our ever-developing company.
We are looking for the following skill sets,
- Excellent command of English spoken + written and good communication skills, numeracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Invoicing, credit control and dealing with customers
- Good knowledge of IT-based account systems and spreadsheets
- Good general accounting experience to trial balance. Internal audit experience is useful.
- Able to work under your own initiative within a procedure framework and manage/motivate others
- Experience in working to deadlines and familiarity in working within a busy, fast-paced office environment
- Good organisational skills, reliability and time management
We are keen to hear from candidates within an easy commuting distance from St Neots.
This is a great opportunity to “make a difference” and develop your accounting skills & career within our Accounts team.
Salary package is £26,500 to £30,000 dependent upon experience. A private pension scheme, car loan scheme, ability to
earn extra leave are also available.
If you feel that you have the necessary enthusiasm and interest to undertake this role please apply in the first instance with your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org