Position: Software Tester
St Neots - Full-Time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- Per year
- Date Posted
- 4 May 2022
- Job Description
The role of Software Tester, reporting to the Testing/QA Manager, is based at Tensor’s offices in Hail Weston, St. Neots, Cambridgeshire. The job involves testing our range of software products including our Smart Card & Biometric Technology. The job also has an element of system testing and sometimes hardware testing working on our Tensor.NET software suite along with our own and 3rd party hardware integrations.
An analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving is essential and you must be able to work using your own initiative. The Software Tester is also expected to perform pre-installation quality and configuration checks on any Tensor software, paying special attention to the firmware and how the firmware and software interact with the proposed software version that is to be installed.
The role includes:
- Regression testing of the Tensor.NET software and hardware suite
- Working from test plans to test new and existing functionality
- Logging completed test plans
- Logging tickets for bugs found with documented evidence
- Working with the Software and R&D teams to understand newly implemented functionality
Tensor plc is a world-class medium-sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control, security and control products. We also manufacture a range of energy management products under the HeatingSave name. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in the field of security and energy management. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
Applications are invited from sharp hardworking individuals already with Software Testing experience and/or graduates with a keen interest in analytical testing. You need to have:
- A keen interest in testing and stopping defects ending up with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Reliability, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritise tasks as required
- An analytical mind-set
- Ability to write simple SQL scripts for analysis
Any automated testing experience would be an advantage as would knowledge of computer hardware or electronics.
- Salary: Up to £27,000
- 20 days’ annual leave + Bank/Public Holidays. Additional annual leave achievable
- parking on-site parking
- Car purchase scheme available
We fully welcome international applications for this position. Tensor is licensed to sponsor workers on the Worker (formerly Tier 2) immigration route. We hold an A-Rated license and can sponsor employees from the Skilled Worker category.