Position: Stock Controller
St Neots - Full-Time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, Hail Weston, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- Per year
- Date Posted
- 28 March 2022
- Job Description
The Stock Controller will be trained by and working closely with the Stores Manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of this busy department. The role includes,
- Examining and checking of Goods Inwards.
- Kitting equipment for dispatch to customers. This involved picking of parts or equipment for dispatch to customers or kitting of stock to be taken by our engineers for installation.
- Managing and moving the stock within the warehouses, including the use of mechanical handling equipment, such as fork-lift trucks (you will be trained on their use). This includes an understanding of stock control measures and stock rotation.
- Learning the different types of engineering products and how they interrelate to each other and the dependencies.
- Checking of stock levels and using the computerised manufacturing system to manage stock levels and liaising with Production and Procurement to resolve problem before they become critical.
- Deputise for the Stores Manager when they are absent.
Tensor plc is a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security control and Energy Management products. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
The selected candidate will be a sharp, self-motivated, dedicated, hardworking individual who is numerically proficient, accurate and able to think on their feet and able to manage their time to meet deadlines. This position will suit a hands-on person. As there is some manual handling involved the candidate must be physically fit & able and dexterous to undertake this role.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone with a higher educational in engineering (ideally with some electrical content) who wants a challenging but rewarding responsible position within a medium-sized company that design and manufacture innovative world-class products, where your input and efforts can make a real difference. Tensor is at the forefront of the Access Control, Time Management & Energy Management industries are constantly innovating with several major product developments either in progress or planned as part of our development schedule.
Salary is circa £19,000 to £21,500 p.a. depending upon previous experience and ability. The package includes 28 days’ annual leave including Bank/Public Holidays + Company pension scheme available. Additional annual leave achievable from company sickness scheme. Additional benefits include mobile phone and use of laptop.
If you feel that you have the necessary enthusiasm and interest to undertake this role please apply in the first instance with your CV in MS Word format to email@example.com.