Position: Admin & Clerical Assistant
St Neots - Full-time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, Hail Weston, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £19,000.00 - £21,500.00 Per year
- Date Posted
- 17 November 2021
- Job Description
We are recruiting someone to be trained within the Accounts Clerical section of our Accounts department. The selected candidate will be working within a small, dynamic team at our Hail Weston headquarters, near St Neots. Here, they will learn all aspects of clerical administration work and how this operates in practice within a modern, fast-moving company.
The work will include:
- Data entry, entering data into our computerised management systems
- Processing of customer smart card orders
- Creating Word documents and scanning documents
- Reception switchboard, overflow management/processing
- Organising exhibition shows and similar advertising events
- Date entry of timesheets and checking of these
- Setting-up and clearing meeting rooms
- Other office-based and accounting duties
You will be a sharp, self-motivated, dedicated person who wants to learn and develop their clerical and accounting skills. Requirements for this role include:
- Keen, hard-working, proactive and eager to learn
- Good knowledge of using PCs and general IT skills
- Good written skills
- Numerically proficient and able to think on their feet
- Willing to learn about our products and develop your knowledge
- Flexible, able to multitask and work as part of a team
We are particularly interested in candidates who are at ease when dealing with people over the phone and have a good telephone manner.
Tensor plc is a world-class medium-sized company that design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security control and Energy Management products. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
Salary is between £19,000 and £21,500 depending upon experience and ability. A private pension scheme is also available.
This is a great opportunity for a person who wants to make a difference and develop their back-office skills. Hours of work are Monday to Friday.