As the COVID-19 outbreak spreads, the Government has forecast that up to one fifth of the UK’s workforce may be off sick during the peak of the pandemic. This would clearly have a significant impact on many businesses and contingency plans are already being put in place in order to minimize the impact of the virus.
Some of these measures include allowing members of staff to work from home (where possible), reducing contact with visitors and trying to eliminate as much as possible the physical contact with various surfaces used by a very large number of people within a company.
This is how Tensor can help you navigate these very challenging times:
Tools to Support Remote Working
We have developed several tools that will streamline remote working and time and attendance management:
- Tensor Self-Service Module (SSM) – a very versatile application working in an Internet browser that enables remote workers to clock in/out, request, approve and view absences (with reason codes), view/amend shift rotas and request shift swaps, view flexitime, etc.
- Tensor SSM Mobile App – the mobile version of the Self-Service Module, the Mobile App also enables staff to clock in/out with geo-location.
Keep Reception Staff Safe with the Tensor Self-Service Visitor Management App (Tensor SSVM)
A company’s reception is the critical point of contact between staff and visitors. With the Tensor SSVM, the level of interaction between receptionists and contractors/visitors can be cut to a bare minimum, helping to reduce the risk of infection.
The SSVM app configures compatible iOS / Android touchscreen devices to work as self-service kiosks for Visitor Registration and Management. As a precaution, we recommend following the official guidance regarding hand sanitizing after each use of the touchscreen device.
Advice for Mitigating Employees’ Concerns When Using Time and Attendance Equipment
Considering the recent developments related to the COVID-19 outbreak, some of your staff might raise concerns regarding the use of the biometric fingerprint readers / hand scanners. In these cases, we recommend:
- Using the Tensor Self-Service Module (SSM) web app for clocking in/out;
- Using the Tensor SSM Mobile App – clocking in/out with geo-location;
- Switching off biometrics and using Tensor smartcards only for clocking in/out at the clocking units. Should you require any assistance with this process, please contact the Tensor Helpdesk on +44 (0)1480 211594 or by email at email@example.com
We strongly suggest keeping your clocking units disinfected periodically. For this process, we recommend the use of a regular/non-abrasive window cleaner or Isopropyl Alcohol 99% and a clean soft cloth.
- Spray the cleaner on the clean soft cloth and start wiping at the rear corners of the sensor surface, pulling the cloth toward you.
- Avoid using cleaners that contain Acetone, Acetate, Methanol and Ethanol, as these could damage the fingerprint sensor’s surface, potentially negatively impacting product performance.
We would like to re-assure you that Tensor is well prepared to face these unprecedented events. We have put in place extensive measures to support our customers, existing and prospective, and to focus on their safety (as well as that of our staff) in everything we do.
We hope that you will take all necessary measures to remain safe in the coming weeks and months as this COVID-19 crisis passes and life (and business) returns to normal.