Lack of digital solutions is holding back the UK economy


Tensor Workforce Management System

The poor adoption of digital technologies across the UK is holding back economic growth, a recent research report by the CBI and IBM has been able to find.

The paper, “Embracing Digital in Every Sector”, suggests that over half (55%) of “pioneer” firms are adopting digital technologies and processes, while the other half (45%) are falling behind.

Despite the UK taking top place globally for e-commerce and fifth place for the availability of technology, it ranks only fourteenth in the world for company-level adoption of digital technology, with many companies struggling to digitise their businesses at the rate of peers in other countries.

A mix of connectivity challenges and security concerns as listed as barriers to digital adoption, but predominantly, firms are hindered by a lack of appropriate skills inside their business (42% of firms) and an unclear return on investment (33%). Nearly all firms believe that digital technology has the ability to revolutionise the business landscape, driving productivity (94%), growth and job creation, and almost three quarters (73%) see improved customer satisfaction and experience as its biggest benefit.

Carolyn Fairbairn, CBI Director-General, said:

“Businesses globally are in the throes of an extraordinary digital revolution that is transforming productivity and creating a new generation of winning companies. But in the UK, too many firms are being left behind. While pioneering firms are seizing digital opportunities, nearly half are struggling – a growing digital divide that is threatening UK competitiveness.

“It’s vital that businesses in all sectors – from manufacturing to retail – truly understand digital technology’s potential, from the boardroom to the shop or factory floor. Giving digital a human face by appointing a Chief Technology Officer will help businesses build the long-term digital strategies that will be critical to their futures.

“And by harnessing the expertise of the generation at the heart of the digital revolution, firms will be better able to make the right investments for their digital future.”

Tensor employee management systems are all digital

Beside checking attendance and worked times, the Tensor WinTA Time and Attendance suite also includes a dedicated HR module. Tensor Personnel allows you to record a vast amount of personal information about your company staff, including here basic details, course attendance, educational history, language skills, professional institute memberships, skills, etc.

Moreover, WinTA.NET supplies the relevant managers with information on employee’s absences through warning email notifications or via hardcopy reports. After that, the intelligent employee management system would rapidly identify missing employees that are expected to be at work and then informs you via automatic email reporting reports distributed by email.

Tensor’s range of products offer both a high level of reliability and good value for money, which means that companies who do decide to implement our solutions will immediately see the returns, without taking a hit as far as their balances are concerned.

If you’d like to find out more about the range of workforce management and Time and Attendance solutions supplied by Tensor, just contact us or Book a Demo, our representatives will be more than happy to answer any questions or queries you might have.

Cant find what you're looking for?

Enter a search term below (e.g. "Time and Attendance") and we'll find all of our relevant content for you.

Tensor plc accreditations