UK Companies Turning To Physical Security

According to the results of a survey of IT Directors by Comunica, an IT service provider, the ‘Smart Office’ is becoming a reality. Comunica has found that out of 100 major companies, 64 percent have already adopted or plan to adopt physical security over IP networks in 2006.

This will enable companies to monitor and control systems and buildings using card readers, biometrics and other access systems such as CCTV all from a web interface.

The financial sector has taken the lead in implementing this technology with 31 percent having implemented it already and a further 38 percent planning to do so in 2006 which will take the total to 69 percent.

Manufacturing has been sluggish in taking up this technology with just 9 percent so far, but the signs are very positive for the future, with 43 percent planning to implement physical security in the next twelve months.

There are many advantages to controlling physical security over IP, including cost reduction resulting from being able to use one network for all the security systems and devices. Also, control will be improved and simplified by being able to manage all the security devices on a single platform.

Tensor have been developing and installing IP-based physical security systems over the last decade, and have a plethora of knowledge and expertise in the industry. Whether it’s access control, digital cctv, or visitor monitoring you’re interested in, Tensor has a solution for you.

Cant find what you're looking for?

Enter a search term below (e.g. "Time and Attendance") and we'll find all of our relevant content for you.

Tensor plc accreditations

Keep up to date with our latest news & developments.

Be the first to get product and software updates and other important information.