ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) is a highly accurate system that uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to precisely identify information on a number plate.
After identification, ANPR systems can log the date, time and location of the vehicle and carry out actions based on the data. For example, the systems can save the information for later retrieval, or enhance premises access control by opening gates or issuing alerts for blacklisted plates.
While ANPR is commonly associated with law enforcement use such as identifying speeding offences and spotting stolen vehicles, the system has many applications designed for private use.
Installing an ANPR system in a car park enables organisations to ascertain that only authorised cars can enter their premises. This can be easily achieved by connecting the ANPR to a pre-existing Access Control database of permitted plates, and then installing ANPR-linked cameras and barriers into the car park. The barriers will not lift for an unauthorised vehicle, and a security person can investigate via intercom or in person.
ANPR combined with barriers is also an excellent way to streamline entrance to any car park, even a public car park, as they can speed up the payment or visitor management process exponentially.
TENSOR ANPR SOLUTIONS – MAIN APPLICATIONS
|Free Flow tolling (Smart HD/2HD)|
|Stop & Go tolling (Basic Short Range)|
|LTZs (Limited Traffic Zones) (Basic Long|
|Speed enforcement (Smart Speed)|
|Red light enforcement (Smart Traffic Light)|
|Priority lanes (Basic Long Range)|
|ANPR & Tracking (Basic Long Range / Smart HD/2HD)|
|Parking & Access Control(Basic Short Range)|
|Security (Smart HD/2HD)|
TENSOR ANPR HARDWARE- Scalable hardware architecture to meet increasing workloads
- Modular design approach ensures the hardware is able to support a variety of processors, enabling future CPU upgrades and improvements.
- Modular Platform is designed to use multiple sensors in order to perform well in the most challenging scenarios.
- Scalable hardware architecture is compatible with different FPGA modules and ensures high-speed image processing even in harsh environments.
- Use of FPGA grants a huge processing capability for real time image processing and ANPR analysis.
- Ultra-fast SSD storage: 128 GB up to 1TB (Tensor Smart product family only).
- Devices can detect and read non-reflective licence plates, without any external illumination.
- Extra sensitive sensor mounted on Smart 2HD’s context camera ensures quality images in low light conditions (from 25 Lux).
TENSOR ANPR HARDWARE – KEY FEATURES
|Embedded multi-core processors.|
|High sensitivity sensors.|
|LTE and GPS modules available as optionals.|
|SSD storage: 128GB up to 1TB, depending on customer requirements.|
|IP68 protection grade.|
|Extended temperature range(-40°C / + 55°C external temperature).|
TENSOR ANPR HARDWARE- PRODUCT SERIES
TENSOR ANPR SOFTWARE- TOP PERFORMANCE AND SPEED
- Linux OS
- Optional App-like software available to enhance device performance
- Camera software supports remote upgrades
- Linux platform enables third-party algorithms to be embedded directly
- Standardized interface allows future system upgrades without significant reworks
- Plug-and-play interfaces make the new hardware fully compatible with Tensor’s previous ANPR cameras.
- Proprietary OCR software
- SDK available for easy integration
- Auto iris software to adjust camera image acquisition depending on external light conditions
- Proprietary App for remote configuration
TENSOR ANPR SOFTWARE – KEY FEATURES BY PRODUCT SERIES
|Basic short range||Basic long range||Smart family|
|Included features||Non reflecting plate|
|Easy to install|
|Optional features||Brand recognition|
|GPS / Wi-Fi / LTE communication|
|Auto trigger 2.0|
The Tensor ANPR Software is highly scalable and can perform different tasks depending on your specific requirements. Click on the following link to find out more about its numerous features and functionality.