ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) is a highly accurate system that uses OCR (or Optical Character Recognition) technology to accurately identify the numbers and letters on a number plate.
After identifying the number plates on any vehicle, ANPR systems can easily log the date, time and location of the vehicle, and proceed to carry out an action based on the data (save the information in a database for retrieval at a later time, issue an alert should the plates match against a specific database, open a gate, etc.).
While ANPR is commonly associated with law enforcement use (speed ticketing, congestion area charging, identification of stolen vehicles, etc.), the system has numerous applications designed for private use.
By installing ANPR cameras at a car park’s entrance and exit and checking number plates against an existing Access Control database, organizations can rest assured that only authorized vehicles are able to access their premises. Plus, with ANPR and automatic barriers, access to any car park can be significantly improved and streamlined.
TENSOR ANPR SOLUTIONS – MAIN APPLICATIONS
|Free Flow tolling (Smart HD/2HD)|
|Stop & Go tolling (Basic Short Range)|
|LTZs (Limited Traffic Zones) (Basic Long
|Speed enforcement (Smart Speed)|
|Red light enforcement (Smart Traffic Light)|
|Priority lanes (Basic Long Range)|
|ANPR & Tracking (Basic Long Range / Smart HD/2HD)|
|Parking & Access Control(Basic Short Range)|
|Security (Smart HD/2HD)|
TENSOR ANPR HARDWARE- Scalable hardware architecture to meet increasing workloads
- The hardware system has been designed using a modular approach able to receive different processors ensuring future CPU evolutions for state of the art performances.
- Modular Platform designed to welcome various sensors in order to match all the applications requested by the most challenging scenarios.
- Scalable HW architecture to welcome different FPGA modules and to ensure high-speed image processing in harsh situation.
- Use of FPGA grants a huge processing capability for real time image processing and ANPR analysis.
- SSD from 128 GB up to 1TB (Smart family).
- Modular architecture allows an easy customization of the HW platform according to complexity of the application.
- Device able to detect and read NO reflective licence plate, without any external illuminator.
- Extra sensitive sensor mounted on Smart 2HD’s context camera ensures quality images also in low light conditions (from 25 Lux).
TENSOR ANPR HARDWARE – KEY FEATURES
|Embedded multi-core processors.|
|High sensitivity sensors.|
|LTE and GPS available as optionals.|
|SSD from 128GB up to 1TB according to customer needs.|
|IP68 protection grade.|
|Extended temperature range(-40°C / + 55°C external temperature).|
TENSOR ANPR HARDWARE- PRODUCT SERIES
TENSOR ANPR SOFTWARE- TOP PERFORMANCE AND SPEED
- Linux OS
- Optional App-like software available to enhance device performances
- Camera SW can be upgraded from remote
- Our Linux platform welcomes third-party algorithms to be embedded directly on-board
- Standardized interface allows future system upgrades without significant reworks
- Plug-and-play interfaces make the new HW fully compatible with Tensor’s previous ANPR cameras
- Proprietary OCR SW
- SDK available for easy integration
- Auto iris SW to adjust camera image acquisition according to external light conditions
- Proprietary App for remote configuration
TENSOR ANPR SOFTWARE – KEY FEATURES BY PRODUCT SERIES
|Basic short range||Basic long range||Smart family|
|Included features||Non reflecting plate|
|Easy to install|
|Optional features||Brand recognition|
|GPS / Wi-Fi / LTE communication|
|Auto trigger 2.0|
The Tensor ANPR Software is highly scalable depending on your specific requirements. Click on the following link to find out more about its numerous features and functionality.