Position: Security Installation Engineer
Full-time, St. Neots
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- St Neots, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £28,000.00 - £30,000.00 Per year
- Job Description
The Access Control Installer position within Tensor involves an initial training period where you will become familiar with the Tensor range of “Smart Card” and biometric Time & Attendance and Access Control products. You will be trained to install these to the NSI NACOSS Gold and ISO 9001:2008 standards. You will be installing and maintaining systems at various UK locations but you will be based at our Hail Weston Springs office.
After initial training you will form part of an installation team where you will you will carry out:
- 1st and 2nd fix of new installations to a high standard, including commissioning and hand over.
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites
Tensor plc is a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security and control products. We also design and manufacture a range of eco control systems, including boiler and solar heating controllers. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
The successful candidate will:
- have a solid previous experience in installations of security systems or similar products.
- have a good understanding of current wiring regulations
- be knowledgeable with current PC technology and feel comfortable in using these within a “Windows” environment
- have good personal skills in dealing with people in a customer facing role
- hold a current driving license
- be hard working & self-motivated, willing to travel within the UK and be available to work on a call-out basis when required
- have a clear current criminal record
- have the ability to work to deadlines
We are particularly interested in applicants with the following skills/experience
- carpentry skills
- previous experience in installing to NSI NACOSS gold level (access control/CCTV)
- qualifications from electrical/electronic industries
- On-call paid overtime
- Salary: starting salary £28,000 and negotiable
- Company car, mobile phone and tools provided
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Bank/public holidays
- Length of service annual leave reward scheme (up to 30 days can be accrued)
- EMI share options scheme
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who is willing to learn and wants to provide “World Class” support for our customers. Tensor is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.