Smart cards and passes for visitors of prisons & secure sites
Prison Pass is a low cost, easy to install, computer-based pass system for registering each visitor, both on and off-site. It allows HM Prison Service Officers to quickly check the identity and monitor the movements of visitors.
Using our tried and tested visitor control system, Tensor provide tailor-made Prison Pass solutions capable of meeting your requirements. Running on a PC using your Windows operating system, Prison Pass allows the pre-booking of legal representatives, contractors and inmate visitors with maximum speed and minimum fuss. A photograph taken by a digital or eyeball camera is printed on a bar-coded pass using a high-speed printer so each visitor is easily identified.
At controlled monitor points, the visitor pass badge is simply swiped and a high-quality digital image appears to the HM Prison Service Officers thus verifying that the correct person is passing through. Data can be stored for future reference or exported to other compatible databases.
Biometrics can be combined with visitor badges to operate the system. Tensor’s range of dermal fingerprint reading technology gives increased accuracy and reliability and is perfect for when irrefutable proof of identity is required. Prison Pass holds a log of every person on site. In the event of a fire or any emergency which requires evacuation, a list can quickly be generated by the simple click of a button.
Comprehensive reporting software is available to generate
- Fire evacuation reports for visitors and contractors
- Records of the historical movements of inmate visitors
- Contractor times on site
- Visitor to inmate analysis
- Standard warning/banned notification letters
- Bespoke reports can also be added
Installation & Training
Prison Pass is installed and supported by Tensor’s in-house engineers. You can also buy engineering/training days from us ensuring that you can get the most out of your Prison Pass system.
Tensor can offer various financing and rental packages to both private and public sector organisations who wish to install our products.
System Support & Requirements
- Help is provided within the application, via an online support website or by telephone to our Helpdesk
- Installation support and training
- Prison Pass edition software
- XP Professional, Vista, Windows 7 or 8
- A dual-Pentium 4 compatible 2.4GHz processor
- 4GB of free hard disk space
- 2GB RAM
- CD ROM drive (for installation)
- 1x USB port (camera) optional
- Further USB ports for the optional fingerprint reader (1 USB port per device)
Please note these are basic system requirements. For a full list please contact a Tensor representative.