Contactless Temperature Screening with Facial Recognition helps Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
As the UK tries to return to some normality, many businesses and organisations are relying on staff physically coming back to their respective workplaces. It is therefore vital to take all precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including implementing automated symptom-screening solutions where possible.
In order to help you keep staff and visitors safe, we are working with our long-time partners Suprema – a leading global provider of security and biometrics solutions with a Global Sales Network of over 140 countries and 1.5 Million + systems installed worldwide – and are adding their Facial Recognition Terminals with Contactless Temperature Detection to our portfolio of touch-free Time and Attendance and Access Control Clocking terminals.
The Suprema FaceStation 2 Facial Recognition Terminal with Temperature Detection offers enhanced functionality when running with Tensor.NET:
- conducts rapid, contactless preliminary temperature screenings at entry points in office buildings, warehouses, factories, schools, stations, airports and other public areas, working as a first-line filter for organisations that wish to identify those entering premises who may have an elevated body temperature.
- generates alerts when detecting elevated body temperatures and can prevent the person’s access on site / notify the health & safety officers within the organization.
- uses advanced facial recognition technology to accurately and securely control site access and clockings for time and attendance purposes.
- provides enhanced security with 1 or 2-factor authentication options – facial recognition or facial recognition + contactless smart card, with support for EM/HID Prox, MiFare, DESFire card formats.
Automated, Contactless Temperature Screening
The Suprema FaceStation 2 Facial Recognition Terminal with Temperature Detection is accompanied by a Thermal Camera* accessory to detect users with elevated skin temperature. The Camera connects to the terminal via an USB interface, making deployment quick and easy on new and retrofit installs.
TEMPERATURE DETECTION – KEY FEATURES:
- Fast and accurate (≤± 0.5°C (0.9°F)) contactless temperature measurement of a subject’s face using advanced thermography technology, without the need for a reference blackbody
- Displays the temperature on a GUI (in Celsius or Fahrenheit) raising alerts when a higher than threshold temperature is detected.
- Supports audio and visual alerts with optional alarm, while temperature data can be optionally saved and exported as event logs
- Combination of face recognition and skin temperature measurement with bypass mode for skin temperature measure only
- Completely touch-free – Supports extended height range of 145 cm–210 cm for face recognition and distance of 40 cm–80 cm for temperature
Facial Recognition Terminals for Time and Attendance / Access Control
Suprema FaceStation 2 Facial Recognition Terminals are among the world’s most compact face recognition stations, offering very high matching speeds, accuracy, and level of security.
Non-Contact Facial Recognition Technology provides a fast, highly accurate biometric solution for:
- identifying employees and/or visitors
- granting or denying access to site based on their access rights
- clocking employees on/off for time and attendance monitoring and fire roll call purposes.
Packed in a compact and an ergonomically-designed structure, these terminals provide exceptional performance and usability for diverse access control and time attendance applications of any size.
FACIAL RECOGNITION TERMINALS – KEY FEATURES:
- Contactless, secure and reliable biometric facial recognition technology
- Very high matching speed (1:3,000 match/sec)
- Work in all lighting conditions, from complete darkness to all indoor lighting levels (From 0lx to 25,000lx operating illuminance)
- Support up to 30,000 users, with improved face enrolment procedure
- Live Face Detection (LFD) feature perfectly blocks spoofing using photograph or 3D printed mask
- 2-factor authentication with support for Multi RFID Card Reading: MIFARE, MIFARE Plus, DESFire/EV1, FeliCa support
- Built-in Android 5.0 Lollipop GUI for enhanced security
- Sleek and ergonomic design, supports user heights between 145cm – 210cm
More about Tensor Facial Recognition Terminals
Tensor.NET Pandemic Software Modifications Integration
As part of the process of integrating the Suprema FaceStation 2 Facial Recognition Terminals with Temperature Detection with Tensor.NET, we have also developed some new features to add to our Tensor Pandemic Modifications announced earlier this year.
As you might remember, the Pandemic modifications included:
- an option to restrict employees from being able to gain access through doors or use the Tensor Clocking Terminals if they are absent in self-isolation until the end of the self-isolation period.
- new software records for employees marking their COVID-19 status (i.e. tested positive and recovered, vaccinated, etc.)
The following will be available when the Suprema FaceStation 2 Facial Recognition Terminals with Temperature Detection is integrated with Tensor.NET:
- When detecting a person with an elevated body temperature, the system can restrict their access on site (suspend their access rights and flag them up as being in Self-Isolation) and notify the health and safety officers (or responsible persons in the organizations), who can then proceed to take action according to their respective policies.