Tensor Helps You Implement New Post-Lockdown COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidelines
The UK Government has recently revealed the steps set to be taken in order to ease the Coronavirus lockdown measures and get people back in their workplaces. In response, Tensor has put together a short guide on how our Access Control, Time and Attendance and Fire Roll Call products can help you comply with these new safety guidelines, ensure social distancing and keep your staff safe.
Our Sales Consultants can offer you bespoke advice based on your existing site configuration and equipment. Please click on the button below to arrange an online consultation.
Access Control – Enforce Social Distancing in the Workplace and Improve Security
A Tensor Access Control System is the perfect solution to help your organization implement the new social distancing and workplace health and safety rules – and ultimately, to keep your staff safe. This can be achieved by:
• Reconfiguring entry and exit points to minimize staff interaction: By restricting access through certain entry doors just to the staff working in that area of the building, your organization can minimize staff interaction when accessing and leaving your site.
• Introducing more one-way flow routes through buildings: Add more access controlled doors to the system and modify staff’s access permissions in the Tensor WinAC.NET Access Control software to prevent them from accessing areas that are not vital for their daily tasks.
• Easily reconfiguring access controlled zones: As your workplace undergoes various changes in order to ensure compliance with the new Government guidelines, you might need to add more secured areas / door controllers or change the existing ones. Tensor Access Control systems are highly modular and our technical experts can assist you in order to achieve this with minimal disruption.
• Generating COVID-19 Access Control Monitoring Reports: Use the new COVID-19 Pandemic feature we have recently added to Tensor.NET in conjunction with our software’s powerful reporting capabilities to create COVID-19 Monitoring Reports. For example, if one member of staff has unfortunately become infected and is flagged accordingly within the system, you will be able to know precisely what others members of staff have used the same entry point and act accordingly.
Time and Attendance – Easily Alter Shift Patterns to Enable Staggered Shift Start and End Times
The Tensor.NET Time and Attendance software is very flexible when it comes to the challenges of shift start and end times and your workforce management. Tensor.NET will help you:
• Stagger arrival / departure times (shift start/end times) to reduce crowding in and out: Shifts can either be fixed or flexible and can change automatically based on when an employee clocks in and out by using our auto selection shift system.
• Plan for the minimum number of people needed on site: Using our shift assignment screens you can roster staff based on skills and headcounts within a shift, section, cost centre or department. The software will advise if you will drop below your preferred level of cover and this is configurable on any given day.
• Monitor staff break times to ensure compliance: Use the powerful reporting capabilities within Tensor.NET to monitor staff’s break patterns and, need be, implement specific policies to comply with the official guidance and reduce pressure on the break rooms.
Fire Roll Call – Add More Muster Points or Switch to Tensor Fire Roll Call (FRC) Mobile App
As workplaces reopen, emergency evacuations will become another reason for concern. Under the new guidelines, all employees will be required to keep a safe distance between them, even during such fire drills or evacuations. Tensor’s Fire Roll Call system can help you achieve this in two ways:
• Add additional Muster Points for Fire Roll Call: The Tensor system can be easily extended to accomodare more muster points, thereby decreasing the number of staff assembling at each point.
• Switch to the Tensor Fire Roll Call App (FRC): By using the Tensor Fire Roll Call app you can ensure that employees maintain a safe distance at any time during the evacuation, as they can mark themselves safe from within the app without physically moving to a muster point.