At Tensor, we strive to consistently enhance and improve the functionality of our core software products, aiming to cover an extensive range of real-life usage scenarios, while also fixing any potential problems reported by our customers.
For this reason, the latest version of our Tensor Self-Service Visitor Management (SSVM) App, Version 1.32.4, available for both iOS and Android platforms, offers an extensive level of support for Ad Hoc Visitors and Visits.
Ad Hoc Visitors – visitors who have already entered their details on a previous visit to an organisation can retrieve these details by entering their email address. The only entries now required for returning visitors are the duration of their visit and the company they are visiting.
Ad Hoc Visits – a new theme setting has been introduced in this version, 1.32.4, to allow the SSVM app to only handle ad hoc visits. Open SSM’s General theme section when the Allow Ad-hoc Appointment Creation setting is set to Allow. A new, Only Allow Ad-hoc Appointments setting is now available. Change this setting to Allow. Visitors checking IN on the app are now taken directly to the Ad Hoc section.
As mentioned above, the new version also includes a fix to a functionality problem reported by our customers.
Problems were encountered in previous versions when answering Check IN / OUT questions and pressing the keypad’s Return key. As a result, a fix has been developed and implemented in this version to ensure that visitors will always proceed to the next question after pressing Return.
Tensor SSVM Pre-Requisites
Please remember that the Tensor Self-Service Visitor Management (SSVM) App Version 1.32.4 requires the following pre-requisites:
- Microsoft’s Internet Information Services, version 7.0, 7.5 or 10.0 (or a similar web server product, ie Apache).
- A compatible version of Tensor SSM.
- Any edition of a compatible version of Tensor.NET registered with WinMCVS and SSM serial numbers.
- A mobile device running Android version 8.0 (Oreo).or above
- A mobile device running IOS version 11.3 or above.
- An account to download the android app from Google Play or an account to download the IOS app from the iTunes Store.
- Configuration changes to the user organisation’s DNS, or the allocation to tablets of static IP addresses, must be made to allow app connectivity.
If you’d like to find out more about the numerous features and extensive level of functionality delivered by the Tensor.NET suite, just Contact us or Book a Demo, we’ll provide an answer to any and all questions you might have.